Added 4 years ago
Walkerville Power Building
Rauth Roofing Limited is proud to be a part of such a historic restoration project in the heart of Olde Walkerville!
Find out more about this project at: http://walkerpower.ca/
The Walker Power Building is an early 20th century industrial building developed by the sons of Hiram Walker under the Walker Sons firm name in the years between 1910 and 1913. Walker Sons was a company under the same control as Hiram Walker & Sons Limited, Walkerville Land & Building Co. and Walkerville Light & Power Co. amoung others. The building was constructed to meet the demand for industrial space during a time where the Town of Walkerville was experiencing rapid industrial growth. The Town of Walkerville was founded by Hiram Walker and incorporated in 1890. In the early 1900's, Walkerville was a model town with a mature and cultured air despite being relatively young. Within 20 years of it's existence, Walkerville was a busy industrial settlement which was thought to be one of the most beautiful in the whole Dominion of Canada.